Department: Tricoya Ventures UK
Reports to: DCS & E/I Engineer
We are looking for an Electrical Technician to join our Tricoya Venures UK (TVUK) team. The Electrical Technician shall undertake activities relating to the maintenance, inspection and operation of the plants electrical and process instrumentation equipment.
This is a full-time role based on the Saltend Site in Hull and candidates must be capable of arriving on site quickly if required. The role may also require some travel to the Accsys Accoya® Plant in Arnhem, Netherlands and the Tricoya Technologies Ltd/Accsys head office in London.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Familiarisation of the plant, process, documentation & company culture.
- Carry out electrical and instrumentation isolations for permit requirements to ensure that equipment is safe to perform maintenance activities on.
- Carry out maintenance and inspection on L.V. electrical systems and electrical machinery.
- Carry out maintenance and inspection of various types of process control instrumentation equipment such as transmitters, controllers, analysers etc.
- Assisting/carry out vendor specified routine maintenance.
- Familiarisation with equipment manuals.
- Maintaining of all site services in good working order and applicable to safe working practices.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completed a recognised Electrical Apprenticeship.
- Ideally a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experienced with work permit systems.
- Ideally hold current CompEx Ex01 to Ex 06 certification.
- Awareness of Functional Safety systems (IEC 61511)
- Shows detailed knowledge and expertise
- Proactive, self-starter; see opportunities and take action. Exerts influence on events.
Attention to Quality and Safety
- Committed to achieving and maintaining the required quality and safety
- Sets high standards for his/her own performance.
- Works with others to achieve goals by sharing information and supporting colleagues.
- Provide explanations in clear terms and keeps colleagues informed of the progress of the work.
- Demonstrate high levels of involvement and engagement at all times.
- Identify issues / problems and actively seek ideas / solutions.
- Awareness of the impact of their own actions and behaviour on the end result or the atmosphere within the team.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Good presentation in front of customer/end users.
- Excellent organisational and follow-up skills.
- Excellent process design skills.
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain focus whilst managing numerous work-related deadlines
Tricoya Ventures UK Ltd Overview:
Tricoya Ventures UK (TVUK) Ltd is a joint venture between Tricoya Technologies Ltd, Medite Europe DAC and BP Chemicals. The company is building and operating the first Tricoya® production plant at our Hull, Saltend site.
Tricoya® Wood Elements (www.tricoya.com) are produced using Accsys Group’s proprietary technology for the acetylation of wood chips, and particles for use in the fabrication of panel products such as medium density fibreboard and particle-board. These products demonstrate enhanced durability and dimensional stability which allow them to be used in a variety of applications that were once limited to tropical hardwood or man-made products.
The TVUK plant will operate with a team of around 30 people for the first line and there is the potential to extend in the future.
How to apply:
Send your CV on email with covering note, stating which role you are applying for, to Torie Evans at email@example.com