IT Infrastructure, Security and Architecture Manager
Reports to: IT Director
Accsys is looking for an Infrastructure, Security and Architecture Manager to join its IT function, and help the business succeed and grow through effective IT service provision.
The right candidate will deliver and manage a reliable infrastructure for all Voice, Data, Hosting and End User Computing across the organisation: London, Hull, Arnhem (Netherlands), Dallas (USA) and any future locations. They will also ensure that service levels for performance, availability and support are achieved with existing external service providers.
We want someone who will challenge our existing solutions and practices, and drive digital innovation with the right application of knowledge, new technologies and ideas – while extending and transforming our existing core technology base to accommodate immediate or future project needs.
The position will be London based and will require at least monthly travel to Hull, Arnhem, Netherlands and future locations.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
The role combines both day to day operations plus short and long term planning.
- Participate in project planning and implementation ensuring architectural integrity is maintained and changes are aligned to strategy
- Maintain, develop, document and review ongoing improvement and implementation of operational procedures, standard processes, policies, guidelines and methods
- Manage the network perimeter to ensure that the environment is securely protected and patched, ensuring that a security policy is documented and updated, and that regular reviews are undertaken to identify security risk
- Develop, manage and support the infrastructure connecting remote offices, users and home-based staff to business systems or services
- Monitor the performance of the infrastructure, ensuring that it is optimised and that future capacity planning is undertaken
- Maintain records and documentation for the configuration of the infrastructure and telecoms
- Implement best practice change control, ensuring that all changes are formally approved through the change control procedures, and implemented in a controlled way with appropriate levels of communication
- Manage activity to support business continuity plans and related provision of IT disaster recovery services
- Research and recommend changes to the infrastructure and telecoms architecture, ensuring that all new and enhanced facilities are effectively project managed and thoroughly tested, before being implemented in the production environment
- Manage the strategic development of the infrastructure, providing the technical input to strategic application systems and any development or transformation projects
- Lead the response to critical incidents
- Maintain, develop and contribute to security standards and controls for both Infrastructure and Applications. This includes implementation of processes, procedures and guidelines in accordance with policies and current legislation, management of user access, and reporting of security breaches or near-misses
- Manage the implementation, operation and maintenance of the Information Security Management System based on ISO 27000 series.
- Manage the infrastructure security – physical access to infrastructure, remote access, network and telecoms security, file servers and data backups
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Accountability for the effective management of owned risks
- Assist in identifying and implementing processes to control risks
- Experience in building and delivering infrastructure strategy across multiple technologies.
- Have worked at a detailed level in multiple infrastructure domains, Networking, Hosting, Storage, Collaboration, Resilience.
- Specific experience in technology architecture and design, with a deep knowledge in a minimum of two of the following technical disciplines, and a broad understanding of the others: cloud computing, infrastructure and network design, APIs, security architecture, servers and storage, database management, middleware/ integration.
- Sound technical experience needed to lead and enable the development, maintenance and documentation of the technical architecture
- Excellent knowledge of exploiting Microsoft Azure for delivery of cloud-native solutions
- A strong background in Microsoft technology; experience of building scalable, resilient and secured applications
- Ability to provide security advisory for the implementation of new platforms & products
- Experience in managing security incidents
- 5 years experience Project Management Experience in an Industrial/ Manufacturing environment, managing multiple suppliers
- Managing the overall project plan, budgets and resources as well as maintain and building a relationship with stakeholder
Specific Technology Knowledge and qualifications:
- MS Windows
- MS SQL language and DB
- MS Azure
- Intranet Technologies and document management
- ITIL is a nice to have
- Information Security or IT Risk certifications (CISSP/ CISM/ CRISC/ CISA) are a plus for the right candidate
How to apply:
Send your CV and covering letter to Gill Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org