Project Support Administrator
Department: Tricoya Ventures UK
Reports to: Project Manager
We are looking for a Project Support Administrator to join our Tricoya Venures UK (TVUK) team. This role will provide administrative support to the Project Manager, Plant Manager and General Manager, including:
- accurate management and safeguarding of documentation generated by the client, project team, contractors and suppliers in support of the day-to-day operation of the Tricoya project; and
- administrative and logistics support for the TVUK project team.
This is a full-time (12-month fixed term/contractor) role based on the Saltend Site in Hull and candidates must be capable of arriving on site quickly if required. The role may also require some travel to the Accsys Accoya® Plant in Arnhem, Netherlands and the Accsys head office in London.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Welcoming incoming visitors to the project offices.
- Answering the telephone (target within three rings) & efficiently assisting caller enquiries.
- Looking after internal and external visitors to the project team across the working day.
- Co-ordinating use of project meeting and visitor facilities, i.e. meeting room and visitor’s office.
- Coordinating mail receipt and issue through royal mail or with couriers.
- Taking messages and efficiently/accurately passing to the relevant individuals.
- Photocopying documents.
- Processing timesheets, holiday log & sick-leave tracking log for project personnel.
- Administrative support to Project Manager, such as typing letters, editing together project progress report contributions and presentations.
- Awareness of project document control functions to assist in the role when required.
- Taking minutes of meetings as and when required.
- Formatting of reports, documents, minutes, procedures and manuals as and when requested
- Provide assistance or take the lead in organising the project office layout changes and furnishings, within the agreed budget.
- Handle any ad hoc administrative tasks as indicated by the General Manager, Project Manager or Plant Manager.
- Fully adhere to and support the client’s safety rules and policies in daily execution of the role.
- Control and maintain all project related documentation throughout the life cycle of the project
- Act as main point of contact for document control and project documentation; keep track of technical queries and timing and filing of the client’s replies.
- Strictly follow the document review response times as per contract allowance and warn client before documents are due to be returned or when documents are supposed to be received from Landlord, Contractor, vendors or authorities.
- Manage and control documents issued both internally and externally, including document file referencing.
- Maintain training records (including site and project induction done by contractors, consultants and vendors).
- Handle minor contractor or vendor communication or contact and messages.
- Helping in the organisation of plant and project office logistics e.g. team travel arrangements, visitors, coordinating office repairs and purchasing stationary inventory in line with existing procurement practices.
- Active support of all HSE policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of EPC/EPCM projects and client and contractor document control activities.
- Good level of education, tertiary education and/or supplementary relevant courses advantageous.
- Strong communication Fluent written and spoken English.
- Previous relevant project support, document control and administrative experience.
- General understanding of engineering and manufacturing industry.
- Understanding of cost control principles and spending restrictions
- Excellent interpersonal skills for liaising with customers, senior management, suppliers and stakeholders.
- Highly organised and good organisational skills
- Ability to handle and negotiate small office/ project expenses if required
Focus on Results
- Results-oriented to achieve goals.
- Works with others to achieve goals, shares information with colleagues and support colleagues. Gives explanation in clear terms. Keeps colleagues informed of the progress of the work.
Attention to quality & safety
- Committed to achieving and maintaining the required quality and safety; sets high standards and attention to detail for their own work and performance.
- Start-up and handling of actions without the help of others.
- Identifies issues / problems and come up with ideas / solutions. – Is aware of the impact of their own actions and behaviour on the end result or the atmosphere in the team.
Tricoya Ventures UK Ltd Overview:
Tricoya Ventures UK (TVUK) Ltd is a joint venture between Tricoya Technologies Ltd, Medite Europe DAC and BP Chemicals. The company is building and operating the first Tricoya® production plant at our Hull, Saltend site.
Tricoya® Wood Elements (www.tricoya.com) are produced using Accsys Group’s proprietary technology for the acetylation of wood chips, and particles for use in the fabrication of panel products such as medium density fibreboard and particle-board. These products demonstrate enhanced durability and dimensional stability which allow them to be used in a variety of applications that were once limited to tropical hardwood or man-made products.
The TVUK plant will operate with a team of around 31 people.
How to apply:
Send your CV on email with covering note, stating which role you are applying for, to Torie Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org