We are looking for a Supply Chain Manager with experience in the chemicals industry to join Accsys in the UK or Netherlands.
Accsys enhances the properties of sustainable wood through its proprietary acetylation process. A by-product of this, along with our products, is acetic acid. As our manufacturing capacity and output grows, our acetic acid by-product stream represents an increasingly significant revenue driver. In addition, we have identified meaningful potential both to enhance our operating profitability and accelerate our global growth through optimising our acetyls strategy.
We are looking for an experienced chemicals industry professional to help maximise the commercial opportunities in our acetyls value chain. The successful candidate will have to have a strong understanding of the acetyls markets and acetic acid specifically and be capable of understanding, prioritising and implementing strategies around acetic acid by product use, including external sales.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Ensure minimum net cost of acetyls for Accsys Group operations
- Seek to maximise sales opportunities and value for by-product acetic acid
- Be responsible for acetic acid contract negotiations within the Accsys Group, including interacting with joint venture partners.
- Work closely with Supply Chain team to ensure successful execution of acetyls contracts on all group sites
- Coordinate external acetyls logistics
- Working with our technology teams, contribute to commercial prioritisation and action plans for acetic acid clean-up
- Work closely with Technology and Acetyls solutions departments, support and provide commercial input to prioritize and optimize process engineering and chemicals analysis activities
- Participate in technical meetings and contribute to discussions with vendor and partner engineers
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree or higher preferred
- Commercial chemicals experience essential
- Sound commercial judgment and proven track record in similar roles in which competence in understanding and evaluating technical or engineering propositions has been required
- Strong history of international client relationship management
- Self-motivated with high achievement drive and initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- React positively to challenges, and cope with pressure of work
- Ability and desire to travel moderately within Europe as part of the role
- Demonstrable drive, ambition and vision
- Organised, structured and results/execution focussed
- Demonstrable leadership and people management skills
- Excellent project management skills with an ability to meet deadlines
- Collaborative management and engaging communication style
- Ability to work at multiple levels internally and externally
- Ability to work cross culturally and effectively within diverse teams
This job description must not be interpreted as a complete summary of job responsibilities or limitation of job holder accountability. This job description should be recognised as a general requirement of experience combined with attributes considered advantageous to the successful operation of activities.
How to apply:
Please send your CV on email with covering note, stating which role you are applying for, to [email protected]