Accsys and its Tricoya UK (‘TUK’) team are looking for an EC&I Engineer to develop the Tricoya site’s EC&I processes and procedures to ensure reliable site operations and legislative compliance, with focus on functional safety. The role is at our new plant (currently under construction) at Saltend in Hull, UK.
The Electrical, Control and Instrumentation Engineer will continuously assess and develop EC&I systems to ensure that the site meets legislative compliance requirements and delivers continuously improved site operational and reliability.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities include:
This list is non exhaustive responsibilities and accountabilities include:
- All of the site EC&I once the site is operational. This role is in a cross functional team and may require the individual to take a lead in engineering and maintenance activities when required
- Undertake engineering work and hands on work in the field EC&I engineering activities
- Familiarisation of the plant, process, documentation & company culture
- Follow EC&I construction activities – identify deficiencies with respect to national standards and project specifications and add to punchlist. Inspect punch list rectification activities
- Witness EC&I testing
- Attendance of all relevant Acceptance Tests, safety and technical courses, UK and abroad, and generate reports as required by TVUK
- Achieve familiarity of control system down to modular level (Siemens S7-1500 / WinCC based)
- Assist with loop checking, documentation checking, plant commissioning and start-up
- Liaise with EPC and equipment suppliers during warranty period
- Lead effort to establish EC&I Maintenance Library & Documentation Archive
- Support Maintenance Manager in establishing maintenance system
- Develop EC&I maintenance routines in conjunction with equipment suppliers
- Provide first-line hands-on troubleshooting
- Report to the management team on causes of failures and recommendations for remedies
Qualifications and Experience:
- HND/BSc or equivalent Control & Instrument Engineering. Ideally completed indentured Control & Instrumentation Apprenticeship.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experienced with work permit system, ideally holding an electrical Authorised Person role
- Ideally completed process and plant engineering training in a previous role:
- In-depth knowledge/experience of ATEX
- Preferably CompEx certified, but shall demonstrate knowledge of principles
- Demonstrate knowledge of Functional Safety (IEC 61508/61511 & SIL levels)
- Demonstrate having worked with Management of Change system
- Hands-on troubleshooting
Fluent written and spoken English
- Shows detailed knowledge and expertise.
Building and Maintaining Relationships
- Able to build and maintain relationships with people at all levels. Can work well with others.
Collection of Information
- Gather all available and relevant information to solve problems. Analyses problems from different angles.
- Proactive, self-starter; see opportunities and take action. Exerts influence on events.
Attention to Quality and Safety
Within the frameworks of environmental legislation to achieve and maintain the quality and safety of the production process.
Tricoya UK Ltd Overview:
Tricoya UK (TUK) Ltd is a joint venture between Tricoya Technologies Ltd, Medite Europe DAC and BP Chemicals. The company is building and operating the first Tricoya® production plant at our Saltend site in Hull, UK.
Tricoya® Wood Elements (www.tricoya.com) are produced using Accsys’ proprietary technology for the acetylation of wood chips and particles, for use in the fabrication of panel products such as medium density fibreboard and particle-board. These products demonstrate enhanced durability and dimensional stability which allow them to be used in a variety of applications that were once limited to tropical hardwood or man-made products.
The TUK plant will operate with a team of around 30 people for the first line and there is the potential to extend in the future.
How to apply:
Send your CV on email with covering note, stating which role you are applying for, to [email protected]
We are unable to consider applications through any other means or channels.