We are looking for an HSE Manager to join our Tricoya UK (‘TUK’) team, to manage and develop our health and safety standards, actions and processes at our new plant (currently under construction) on the Saltend site in Hull, UK. Accsys is committed to safety as part of its core values, and this role will play a vital role in our operations as a leader, ambassador and driver of best practice health and safety behaviours.
Our HSE Manager will:
- Develop and manage the HSE standards, processes, compliance oversight and performance monitoring of TUK
- Drive the implementation and improvement of companywide HSE systems
- Work in collaboration with the site partners and landlord representatives on a top tier COMAH site to embed high site HSE standards and expectations.
- Drive HSE excellence across the site whilst working closely with the leadership team and employee
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities include:
- Provide the leadership to engage all TUK employees and contractors in the safety strategy and develop a zero-incident culture
- Develop and successfully implement HSE objectives for the structure and performance within TUK which aligns and supports the achievement of our business goals and objectives
- Identify, lead and where appropriate, deliver employee training needs in relation to HSE issues to support all areas of the business
- Develop, manage and maintain HSE policies and procedures
- Lead and coordinate all HSE activities on both reactive and preventative performance improvement
- Follow up and resolve actions from audits and incident investigations
- Manage and maintain Emergency Response and Security Plans
- Review incident reports and assist in identifying direct, indirect and root causes and actions to establish developing trends and enable effective close-outs
- Develop and maintain an effective safety observation system
- Develop internal HSE alerts and lessons learned
- Support the Management of Change process from an HSQ perspective
- Participates in HAZID’s, HAZOP’s and safety studies, when required
- Lead the Emergency Response Management planning, training and exercises
- Ensure adequate Occupational Health provisions are in place
- Foster a continuous improvement mind-set across the business using recognised methodology e.g. DMAIC or Six Sigma to facilitate any necessary changes
- Ability to obtain and maintain any required HSE certification i.e. IS0 45001, IS014001
- Working with relevant regulatory authorities and internal/external stakeholders.
- Qualified to a minimum of NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Chartered member of IOSH
- Must hold an environmental qualification IEMA Diploma or equivalent
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Must have worked within “Process Safety Environments”, ideally working in a Chemical/Petro-Chemical environment
- Competent and skilled internal auditor
- 10 or more years professional HSE experience
- Continuous Improvement and breakthrough project experience (Black Belt or equivalent advantageous)
- Implemented HSE Management systems and managed associated IS0 accreditations (IS0 14001, IS045001, etc)
- Construction safety experience
Leadership and communication skills
- Provide excellent leadership direction to the team, takes the lead, managing people and resources so that goals will be achieved successfully.
- Excellent communicator who can get instructions over clearly and concisely, motivating the team.
Dedication to safety
- Committed to achieve and maintain the required quality and safety; sets high standards for their own performance.
Ability to multi-task
- The wide range of duties requires the ability to focus on more than one task at a time and complete a wide range of maintenance tasks.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills to be able to meet the daily demands of this role.
- Self-aware, resilient, optimistic and open to change.
- Has an Adult to Adult, collaborative approach with the team.
- A self-starter, motivated and able to positively motivate others.
- Focused and target driven with a positive, can-do attitude.
Tricoya UK Ltd Overview:
Tricoya UK (TUK) Ltd is a joint venture between Tricoya Technologies Ltd, Medite Europe DAC and BP Chemicals. The company is building and operating the first Tricoya® production plant at our Saltend site in Hull, UK.
Tricoya® Wood Elements (www.tricoya.com) are produced using Accsys’ proprietary technology for the acetylation of wood chips and particles, for use in the fabrication of panel products such as medium density fibreboard and particle-board. These products demonstrate enhanced durability and dimensional stability which allow them to be used in a variety of applications that were once limited to tropical hardwood or man-made products.
The TUK plant will operate with a team of around 30 people for the first line and there is the potential to extend in the future.
How to apply:
Send your CV on email with covering note, stating which role you are applying for, to [email protected]
We are unable to consider applications through any other means or channels.