Reports to: Site Engineering Manager Arnhem (and for the interim interim Global Head of Engineering)
Travel Requirements: Infrequent travel to other Accsys sites required
Accsys Technologies PLC is a fast-growing business with a purpose: changing wood to change the world. We combine chemistry, technology and ingenuity to make high performance wood products that are extremely durable and stable, opening new opportunities for the built environment. By doing so, we give the world a choice to build sustainably.
Accsys transforms fast-growing, certified sustainable wood into durable, stable, non-toxic wood products with characteristics that match or better those of man-made, intensely resource-depleting and heavily carbon-polluting alternative building materials.
Our Accoya® wood manufacturing facility is in Arnhem, the Netherlands, and Accsys is also expanding in other locations. Our next plant will be at the Saltend site in Hull, UK, where the company is building and will soon be operating the world’s first Tricoya® production plant. Accsys also recently announced the formation of a joint venture with Eastman Chemical Company with the intention of building an Accoya® production facility in the USA.
Main Job Purpose / Role Summary
The I&C Engineer of the Site Engineering Team Arnhem is responsible for I&C engineering in projects, Continuous Improvement efforts, MOCs, etc. This role is part of a cross functional team and it is required to take the lead in I&C engineering activities. Interaction with Operations/Maintenance and other key stakeholders to successfully execute projects and to deliver on the Continuous Improvement objectives is required.
- Site I&C Engineering in a cross functional team which may require the individual to take the lead in I&C engineering activities when required
- Undertake engineering work and hands on work in the field I&C engineering activities
- Create I&C specifications and detailed drawings.
- Specify components to meet project specific requirements in line with company standards and applicable codes and standards.
- Review I&C specifications and drawings to assure compliance with applicable codes and standards.
- Supervise I&C construction activities – identify deficiencies with respect to national standards and project specifications and add to punch list. inspect punch list rectification activities
- Pro-active and solution-oriented ownership of identified issues and required trouble shooting.
- Ensure the safe and effective realization of the project planning and budgets.
- Witness I&C testing and attendance of all relevant Acceptance Tests
- Achieve familiarity of control system down to modular level
- Familiarisation of the plant, process, documentation, etc.
- Responsible for engineering and execution of project’s and MOC’s I&C work, e.g. in the industrial automation systems of the plant (ABB DCS).
- Assist with loop checking, documentation checking, plant commissioning and start-up
- Support Site Operations/Maintenance as Subject Matter Expert, e.g. with support of first line maintenance and advice on maintenance strategies & plans on I&C
- Provide first-line hands-on troubleshooting
- Responsible for I&C as-built documentation
- Support the Purchase Requisitions preparation, Purchase Orders submission, and invoice payment process as needed according to Project Processes
- Support Project Procurement through coordination of Technical Bid Evaluations of the project and the required specialists to ensure timely completion in line with schedule
- Support evaluation and selection process for suppliers and contractors
- Liaise with EPC and equipment/system suppliers
- Maintain current engineering knowledge through review of current literature and by participating in trainings and conferences as needed
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Controls Engineering (or equivalent)
- Ideally completed process and plant engineering training in a previous role:
- In-depth knowledge/experience of ABB DCS
- In-depth knowledge/experience of Siemens S7 (TIA portal)
- Knowledge/experience with Emerson DCS or other is a plus
- In-depth knowledge/experience of ATEX (IEC 60079)
- Demonstrate knowledge of Functional Safety (IEC 61508/61511 & SIL levels)
- Demonstrate having worked with Management of Change system
- Hands-on troubleshooting
- Knowledge & Experience
- At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience in a chemical or process technology area
- Good understanding of chemical process manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of design tools (e.g. ISA standards S88 / S18.2) and procedures
- Sound engineering judgment and proven engineering and design skills
- Competencies, Skills & Attributes
- Excellent safety mindset
- Good analytical skills
- Proactive and solution-oriented attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work cross culturally and effectively within diverse teams
- Able to work in an inclusive way and to build and maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent teamplayer
- Good multitasking skills
- First time right mindset
- Precise in preparation and execution
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, support multiple programs / projects, and balance conflicting needs
- Some infrequent travel will be required in the role
- Excellent computer skills
- Full proficiency in English (writing and speaking)
- Full proficiency in Dutch (writing and speaking) is a plus
This job description must not be interpreted as a complete summary of job responsibilities or limitation of job holder accountability. This job description should be recognised as a general requirement of experience combined with attributes considered advantageous to the successful operation of activities.
How to apply:
Please send your CV on email with covering note, stating which role you are applying for, to [email protected]