Reporting to the Group Applications Manager, the IT Applications & Infrastructure Senior Engineer will be a member of the Accsys IT Team providing cross functional support and delivery of applications and dashboards supporting business functional processes across EU and UK sites as well as local infrastructure support for the Arnhem site.
The engineer will be responsible for providing high quality business focussed solutions along with a strong ability to interpret business requirements and react to business needs. This position provides exposure to a broad range of business and Industrial IT related technologies, projects, and activities.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Accountability
- Be the subject matter expert for Power Automate and Power Apps
- Provide technical input and support to projects and deployments
- Design and develop business focused apps, flows and automation
- Develop application repositories and toolboxes for re-usable processes
- Create and maintain accurate documentation
- Provide training documentation and training to colleagues
- Assist with network and hardware support and liaise with external IT service providers
- Provide local ‘remote hands’ support for onsite IT infrastructure and user requirements
- Ensure IT security and governance policies applied and adhered to
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues.
- Provide advice and guidance to colleagues to ensure they can take better advantage of IT tools and services, giving them greater independence and transferable skills.
- Assist with systems administration where necessary or appropriate
- Ensure software licencing requirements are maintained and compliant
- Knowledge of Azure cloud IaaS and PaaS – both deploying and managing
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft 365 administration & deployment
- Support MES platform, to include PIMS, LIMS, Warehouse Management
- Knowledge and support of backup and recovery platforms (Veeam, Altaro, Azure etc)
- Excellent application fault finding and analysis
- Application coding and deployment for IoS and Android devices
- Strong technical knowledge of applications development
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft Power Automate, Flows and Power Apps
- Build and deploy business intelligence capabilities utilising Qlik and PowerBI
- Database Administration – MS SQL, Postgres
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft Endpoint Manager for deploying and maintain apps
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Experience with managing and working with MSP’s and external suppliers.
- Flexible and open to change
- Experience of ITIL, change, service, patch and incident management.
- Well organised, able to prioritise and work in a distributed team.
- Able to work to tight timescales and deal with users who have differing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Able to travel to attend sites internationally on a rare and ad-hoc basis, for example our London (UK), Arnhem (NL), Barry (UK) and Hull (UK) sites
Required Qualifications & Experience
- At least 4 years of comparable experience ideally in a manufacturing of industrial organisation
- Microsoft Certifications
- Industrial IT & integrations
- Applications development for Windows platforms, IoS and Android mobile
- Microsoft Power apps & flows
- Qliksense & Qlikview BI
- Microsoft Power BI
- Microsoft Azure cloud deployments
- Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019
- Knowledge of Networking & Firewalls
- Active Directory & Azure AD
- Virtualisation (VMware)
- Windows desktop operating systems
- Microsoft SQL server
- MDM platforms managing EUC and mobile devices preferably Endpoint Manager
- Microsoft Office 365
- Intune / AutoPilot
- Power Automate (Flow)
Good to have
- IP telephony
- Veeam, Altaro & Baracuda backup and recovery
- Hardware and end user compute support (Laptop/desktop) and troubleshooting
- Experience of SAP BusinessOne, Dynamics 365 and Ultimo ERP
- Data Analytics/Warehouse and Business Intelligence platforms
This job description must not be interpreted as a complete summary of job responsibilities or limitation of job holder accountability. This job description should be recognised as a general requirement of experience combined with attributes considered advantageous to the successful operation of activities.
How to apply:
Please send your CV on email with covering note, stating which role you are applying for, to [email protected]