Reporting to the IT Infrastructure & Security manager, the IT Infrastructure Support Engineer will be a member of the Accsys IT Team managing the day to day operational and project infrastructure, O365, hardware and connectivity for all Accsys PLC and associated entities on the Hull site. The role will require liaising with MSP, service & solutions providers and team members delivering services and solutions across business and industrial IT.
The engineer will be responsible for providing high quality business-focused support along with a strong ability to fault find and react to business needs. This position provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related technologies, projects, and activities.
Duration: Contract – 6 months rolling fixed term contract
Travel: a requirement to attend other Accsys sites may be required, although this would be on a rare and ad-hoc basis. The ability to attend our London (UK) or Arnhem (NL) is a requirement.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Accountability
- Support all onsite IT infrastructure and user requirements
- Install, deploy and maintain IT equipment
- Ensure IT security and governance policies applied and adhered to
- Diagnosing and resolving technical issues.
- Provide proactive telephone, email, desk-side and remote support for all technical and non-technical problems and incidents reported to IT (escalated from helpdesk only).
- Provide advice and guidance to staff to ensure they can take better advantage of the IT tools and services, giving them greater independence and transferable skills.
- Undertake a variety of systems administration and routine user administrative tasks across Active Directory, Servers, Laptops, Desktop, Cloud Services, Networking devices and a range of business systems.
- Support project and system deployments
- Ensure any software deployed is fully licensed.
- Knowledge of Azure cloud IaaS and PaaS – both deploying and managing
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft 365 administration & deployment
- Strong technical knowledge of information, perimeter and end point security.
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Experience with managing and working with MSP’s and external suppliers.
- Flexible and open to change
- Experience of ITIL, change, service and incident management.
- Well organised, able to prioritise and work in a distributed team.
- Able to work to tight timescales and deal with users who have differing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Key skills:
- Microsoft Azure cloud deployments
- Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019
- Networking (Cisco/DNS, DHCP, TCP-IP)
- Firewalls (Cisco ASA)
- Active Directory & Azure AD
- Virtualisation (VMware)
- Windows 10
- MDM platforms managing EUC and mobile devices
- Microsoft Office 365
- Intune / AutoPilot
- Power Automate (Flow)
- Qualifications (desirable)
This job description must not be interpreted as a complete summary of job responsibilities or limitation of job holder accountability. This job description should be recognised as a general requirement of experience combined with attributes considered advantageous to the successful operation of activities.
How to apply:
Please send your CV on email with covering note, stating which role you are applying for, to [email protected]