We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our Tricoya UK (‘TUK’) team in Hull, UK, as we move towards the opening and running of the plant. This role is to provide mechanical engineering expertise, assist with the development of the maintenance management system, and to implement system processes and procedures to facilitate its execution.
The Mechanical Engineer will also provide support with maintenance and operations improvement projects necessary to achieve our business objectives, particularly in the areas of SHE, Quality, Availability and Reliability.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Our Mechanical Engineer will, among other things, need to:
- Quickly learn about and gain familiarisation with the plant, process, documentation & company culture.
- Generate implement new Engineering Standards and ensure compliance with them to contain and minimise risks.
- Identify, design, and implement improvements within maintenance and operations to deliver SHE, Quality, Availability and cost targets.
- Provide technical Mechanical Engineering expertise to our maintenance and operational teams.
- Support and witness during, as necessary during mechanical completion walkdowns and system handovers through construction and commissioning.
- Integrate with the project Mechanical Engineer and Maintenance Technician to provide support to identify deficiencies with respect to national standards, project standards and industrial best practice.
- Support Maintenance Manager in establishing maintenance systems and strategy.
- Provide technical expertise during root cause analysis of equipment failures, availability and reliability studies to improve performance of the maintenance systems and plant production.
- Liaise with EPC and equipment suppliers during warranty periods.
- Develop maintenance routines in conjunction with equipment suppliers to support plant availability objectives.
- Provide first line hands-on troubleshooting for equipment fault
- Report to the Maintenance Manger on causes of failures and recommendations for corrective action.
- Ensure that mechanical documentation is maintain up-to-date and accurate.
Qualifications and Experience:
- HND/BSc or equivalent Mechanical Engineering. Ideally completed indentured Mechanical Apprenticeship.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a working within the petrochemical environment.
- Experienced with control of work process with high hazard environments.
- Ideally completed process and plant engineering training in a previous role:
- Demonstrate knowledge with rotating equipment
- Demonstrate knowledge working with WSE
- Demonstrate having worked with Management of Change system
- Hands-on troubleshooting
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Shows detailed knowledge and expertise.
Building and Maintaining Relationships
- Able to build and maintain relationships with people at all levels. Can work well with others.
Collection of Information
- Gather all available and relevant information to solve problems. Analyses problems from different angles.
- Proactive, self-starter; see opportunities and take action. Exerts influence on events.
Attention to Quality and Safety
- Within the frameworks of environmental legislation to achieve and maintain the quality and safety of the production process.
Tricoya UK Ltd Overview:
Tricoya UK (TUK) Ltd is a joint venture between Tricoya Technologies Ltd, Medite Europe DAC and BP Chemicals. The company is building and operating the first Tricoya® production plant at our Saltend site in Hull, UK.
Tricoya® Wood Elements (www.tricoya.com) are produced using Accsys’ proprietary technology for the acetylation of wood chips and particles, for use in the fabrication of panel products such as medium density fibreboard and particle-board. These products demonstrate enhanced durability and dimensional stability which allow them to be used in a variety of applications that were once limited to tropical hardwood or man-made products.
The TUK plant will operate with a team of around 30 people for the first line and there is the potential to extend in the future.
How to apply:
Send your CV on email with covering note, stating which role you are applying for, to [email protected]
We are unable to consider applications through any other means or channels.