Main Job Purpose / Role Summary
This role is a key position within the site leadership team and is accountable for the day-to-day production performance. With a strong focus on team and individual development , a commitment to safety standards and by applying continuous improvement methodologies this role will contribute to a culture of care for each other whilst meeting and exceeding goals and customer requirements.
- 5 Shift/Team Leaders
- Chemical Logistics Operator
- Scheduler/Wood Specialist
- Lead day-to- day chemical operations, wood handling , drying operations and internal logistics for the plant.
- Ensure the plant maintains and meets production and safety goals.
- Oversee all production resources related to manpower, asset and capabilities.
- Ensure utilities, equipment efficiency and labour costs are optimized.
- Ensure the team has a strong commitment to safety and ensure the achievement of the plant’s safety objectives.
- Create and maintain pace in the operations organization by resolving daily incidents and responding to observations swiftly.
- Drive implementation of improvements with support of the continuous improvement leader.
- Contribute to the development of plant operating budgets. Track, maintain and be accountable for justification and cost control of the assigned cost centres.
- Ensure that employees have a clear understanding or their tasks and objectives, and feel motivated to contribute at their full potential.
- Recommend hiring, promotion or transfer of personnel.
- Foster strong cross functional collaboration and cooperation with other teams including Maintenance, Continuous Improvement, Supply Chain, Quality, Engineering and the Technology teams.
- Contribute to the overall development of the site through active participation in the Site Leadership Team (SLT)
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience, Competencies, Skills & Attributes
- Minimum of 10 years proven experience as manufacturing or operations manager in chemical (Seveso) site running a 7 day continuous operation.
- Proven experience with practical implementation of lean techniques and with driving continuous improvements on the shop floor.
- Proven experience in developing a diverse team of supervisors and operators to higher level of performance.
- Experience in starting up/scaling up new production lines and/or equipment.
- Excellent people management skills.
- An excellent coach and leader by example.
- Proactive, passionate to get the job done and to exceed expectations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English.
This job description must not be interpreted as a complete summary of job responsibilities or limitation of job holder accountability. This job description should be recognised as a general requirement of experience combined with attributes considered advantageous to the successful operation of activities.
How to apply:
Please send your CV on email with covering note, stating which role you are applying for, to [email protected]