Reports to: Site Engineering Manager Arnhem (and for the interim Global Head of Engineering)
Travel Requirements: Infrequent travel to other Accsys sites required
Accsys Technologies PLC is a fast-growing business with a purpose: changing wood to change the world. We combine chemistry, technology and ingenuity to make high performance wood products that are extremely durable and stable, opening new opportunities for the built environment. By doing so, we give the world a choice to build sustainably.
Accsys transforms fast-growing, certified sustainable wood into durable, stable, non-toxic wood products with characteristics that match or better those of man-made, intensely resource-depleting and heavily carbon-polluting alternative building materials.
Our Accoya® wood manufacturing facility is in Arnhem, the Netherlands, and Accsys is also expanding in other locations. Our next plant will be at the Saltend site in Hull, UK, where the company is building and will soon be operating the world’s first Tricoya® production plant. Accsys also recently announced the formation of a joint venture with Eastman Chemical Company with the intention of building an Accoya® production facility in the USA.
Main Job Purpose / Role Summary
The Project Engineer of the Site Engineering Team Arnhem will deliver small & medium-sized CapEx projects safely within approved budget and schedule from initiation to financial close-out. In major CapEx projects (>EUR 20M), the Project Engineer will work closely with Senior Project Managers coordinating the engineering disciplines and project team interaction with Operations and other key stakeholders to successfully deliver the projects.
- Lead small & medium-sized CapEx projects safely within approved budget and schedule from initiation to financial close-out
- Develop cost estimates and schedules for all project phases
- Support Project Managers of major CapEx projects e.g. by coordinating the engineering disciplines and project team interaction with Operations and other key stakeholders
- Act as Engineering Lead in CapEx projects and ability to take on multiple roles in small projects as needed and per qualification (e.g. Project Engineer and Lead Mechanical Engineer)
- Review engineering drawings and update as required
- Participate in project hazard studies and safety reviews
- Maintain strong relationship with Project Management Office, Engineering Teams, Operations and other key stakeholders
- Provide efficient and cost-effective engineering solutions with incorporating the project owner’s constraints.
- Responsible for setting up and documenting project management structures (e.g. Project Execution Plan, Document Management, Change Management, Risk Management, etc.) following Accsys Project Management
- Ensure that policies, guidelines, processes, methodologies, working methods and systems are applied in an efficient manner
- Ensure in alignment with Accsys Project Management Office that project documentation is created as agreed
- Creates understanding at the project owners on the aspects of engineering design, commissioning, and qualification / start-up.
- Pro-active and transparent communication incl. escalation of issues in a timely manner
- Support construction work and integrate in planning
- Support/lead Commissioning and Start-up activities (depending on project size and complexity)
- Pro-active and solution-oriented ownership of identified issues and required trouble shooting. Act as facilitator and catalyst for safe quick solutions bringing together and coordinating Engineering, Construction, CSU and Project Owner
- Support the Purchase Requisitions preparation, Purchase Orders submission, and invoice payment process as needed according to Project Processes
- Support Project Procurement through coordination of Technical Bid Evaluations of the project and the required specialists to ensure timely completion in line with schedule
- Support evaluation and selection process for suppliers and contractors
- Responsible for Deviation and Claim Management Process in cooperation with Project Procurement Manager. Manage technical deviations and claims based on process.
- Maintain current engineering knowledge through review of current literature and by participating in trainings and conferences as needed
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil or Chemical/Process Engineering (or equivalent)
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge & Experience
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience in a chemical or process technology area
- At least 3-5 years project engineering experience in a manufacturing environment (chemical process preferred).
- Proven track record of past successful projects
- International project/working experience is a plus
- Good understanding of equipment typically encountered in projects in chemical industry and any special requirements that these may bring in operations (e.g. vibration, temperatures) and piping configuration
- Basic material knowledge and experience with inspection techniques
- Knowledge of process and systems design tools (e.g. AutoCAD) and procedures
- Sound engineering judgment and proven engineering and design skills
- Competencies, Skills & Attributes
- Excellent safety mindset
- Good analytical skills
- Proactive and solution-oriented attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work cross culturally and effectively within diverse teams
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, support multiple programs / projects, and balance conflicting needs
- Some infrequent travel will be required in the role
- Ability to support and guide less experienced colleagues
- Excellent computer skills
- Full proficiency in English (writing and speaking)
- Full proficiency in Dutch (writing and speaking)
- Able to work in an inclusive way and to build and maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders
This job description must not be interpreted as a complete summary of job responsibilities or limitation of job holder accountability. This job description should be recognised as a general requirement of experience combined with attributes considered advantageous to the successful operation of activities.
How to apply:
Please send your CV on email with covering note, stating which role you are applying for, to [email protected]