Reports to: Site Engineering Manager Hull (and interim Principal Engineer)
Travel Requirements: Infrequent travel to other Accsys sites might be required
Accsys Technologies PLC is a fast-growing business with a purpose: changing wood to change the world. We combine chemistry, technology and ingenuity to make high-performance wood products that are extremely durable and stable, opening new opportunities for the built environment. By doing so, we give the world a choice to build sustainably.
Accsys transforms fast-growing, certified sustainable wood into durable, stable, non-toxic wood products with characteristics that match or better those of man-made, intensely resource-depleting and heavily carbon-polluting alternative building materials.
Main Job Purpose / Role Summary
The Site Process Engineer of the Site Engineering Team Hull is responsible for process engineering in projects, Continuous Improvement efforts, MOCs, etc. Initially, this role with focus on the completion, commissioning and initial operation of the first world-scale Tricoya plant.
This role is part of a cross-functional team, and it is required to take the lead in process engineering activities. Interaction with Operations/Maintenance and other key stakeholders to successfully execute projects and to deliver on the Continuous Improvement objectives is required.
- Support the completion, commissioning and initial operation of the first world-scale Tricoya plant.
- Finalize as-build of process documentation
- Respond to site TQs
- HSE process engineering action close-out
- Review of Commissioning Instructions
- Support the creation of required Operating Instructions
- Support to FSA
- Commissioning support
- Site Process Engineering in a cross-functional team which may require the individual to take the lead in process engineering activities when required
- Create process engineering specifications and documents
- Support specification of components to meet project specific requirements in line with company standards and applicable codes and standards.
- Review specifications and drawings to assure compliance with applicable codes and standards.
- Pro-active and solution-oriented ownership of identified issues and required troubleshooting.
- Ensure the safe and effective realization of project planning and budgets.
- Achieve familiarity of control system
- Familiarisation of the plant, process, documentation, etc.
- Responsible for engineering and execution of projects and MOC’s process work
- Assist with loop checking, documentation checking, plant commissioning and start-up
- Support Site Operations/Maintenance as Subject Matter Expert
- Provide first-line hands-on troubleshooting
- Responsible for site’s process as-built documentation (Master P&IDs etc.)
- Support the Purchase Requisitions preparation, Purchase Orders submission, and invoice payment process as needed according to Project Processes
- Support evaluation and selection process for suppliers and contractors
- Maintain current engineering knowledge through review of current literature and by participating in training and conferences as needed
- Support Global Engineering Team to optimise and develop the Tricoya design to improve economics, operability and inherently safe design.
- Support Process Safety Management
- Support development and improvement of global engineering standards for Accsys.
A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemical or Process Engineering
Knowledge & Experience
- At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience in a chemical or process technology area
- Good understanding of chemical process manufacturing environment
- Experience in Process Safety and knowledge of Functional Safety requirements.
- Experience working in a project environment.
- Experience in plant commissioning and turnarounds.
- Experience in equipment selection and sizing would.
- Sound engineering judgment and proven engineering and design skills
Competencies, Skills & Attributes
- Excellent safety mindset
- Good analytical skills
- Proactive and solution-oriented attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to work in an inclusive way and to build and maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent team player
- Good multitasking skills
- First time right mindset
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, support multiple programmes / projects, and balance conflicting needs
- Excellent computer skills
- Full proficiency in English (writing and speaking)
This job description must not be interpreted as a complete summary of job responsibilities or limitation of job holder accountability. This job description should be recognised as a general requirement of experience combined with attributes considered advantageous to the successful operation of activities.
How to apply:
Please send your CV by email with covering note, stating which role you are applying for, to [email protected]