Reports to: Head of Sales UK, Ireland, Northern Europe, Middle East and India
Location: London or Greater London/home counties – the role will be home based but will require regular day trips to London
Travel Requirements: Frequent travel within the UK is to be expected, primarily in and around London. In addition, there are likely to be 4-5 trips/year to the Nordics (primarily Norway, Sweden and Finland)
Main Job Purpose / Role Summary
This is a new role being established as Accsys focuses on sales growth in the UK and Nordics regions to coincide with increased production capacity from our Arnhem factory. Promotion to specifiers has always been a key component of our sales and marketing strategy for Accoya but to date has been undertaken primarily by the Head of Sales as part of his wider role. There is now a need to separate out this function and appoint someone to put more focus on specifiers in these regions. As part of a growing company there will also be a requirement for the successful applicant to assist the Head of Sales with some commercial tasks such as sales forecasting and being the first point of contact for our Nordic distributors.
- Joint development of sales plans for growth
- Delivering CPD presentations in the UK
- Dealing with website enquiries for the UK & Nordics
- Support for our distributors at exhibitions (primarily in the Nordics)
- Providing technical support to both specifiers and distributor staff
- Establishing and managing a system for tracking Accoya specifications
- Liaising with our marketing team to evolve our strategy for promoting to specifiers
- Relevant Qualification
2. Knowledge & Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in specification sales. Whilst knowledge of timber would be an advantage it is certainly not a requirement and plenty of technical training and support will be available.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and CRM systems.
3. Competencies, Skills & Attributes
- Ability to work as part of an ambitious team, with a flexible attitude to tasks in support of other team members when required.
- Ability to plan their own work schedule and demonstrate initiative once established.
- A willingness to travel with trips to Northern Europe, our factories in the UK and Netherlands, plus occasional trips around the UK related to specification sales.
- An understanding of Nordic culture and one or more languages would be an advantage but is not a requirement
This job description must not be interpreted as a complete summary of job responsibilities or limitation of job holder accountability. This job description should be recognised as a general requirement of experience combined with attributes considered advantageous to the successful operation of activities.
How to apply:
Please send your CV by email with a covering note, stating which role you are applying for, to [email protected]