Reports to: Operations Manager
Location: Kingsport, TN.
Travel Requirements: Minimal
The Accoya manufacturing operations are in Arnhem, The Netherlands. Accsys has expanded its capacity output in Arnhem with a 33% increase in capacity commissioned in September 2022. North America is currently the second largest market for production from the Arnhem facility. Accsys commenced the construction of a large production facility in Tennessee through a joint venture with Eastman Chemical in Kingsport, TN. The Kingsport plant, now mid-way through construction will be in production in Q1 2024 and provide for further domestic growth.
Accsys is growing. There are presently approximately 250 employees working together to the company performance and group revenue of $120million for the last reported year to March 31st, 2022.
Main Job Purpose / Role Summary
Team Leader responsible for the engagement, coaching and development of team members in support of the processing operations.
Direct Reports: Manufacturing Operators
- Engage and coach all team members on responsibilities and activity in the process
- Develop and encourage team members as they progress in their skills and knowledge in their career progression
- Hold team members accountable for their part of the process, policy, and production standards
- Monitor and adjust to the production schedules
- Coordinate scheduling and support for the team performance
- Communicate with resources including Safety, Scheduling, and Human Resources
- 5 to 10 years Industrial manufacturing environment, with clear progression of responsibilities
- At least 2 years experience leading a team of employees in an industrial workplace
- Ability to follow safety rules and standards for the company
- Arrive at work on time, as scheduled, consistently, reliably, for each shift
- Understand and follow direction/instructions from supervisors
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience with mechanical systems and chemical processes in a collaborative team environment
- Leading training and informational meetings for employees
- Familiarity with multiple systems, lift vehicles, and a firm production schedule
Competencies, Skills & Attributes
- Open to coaching and training to continually improve leadership effectiveness
- Proactively engage all team members continuously to support the work environment
- Ability to perform all tasks in the production process for training purposes
- Comfortable with improvement discussions and recognition efforts to support work force
- Knowledgeable in industrial safety standards, OSHA, and manufacturing basics
- Planning and scheduling team members for regular shifts, training and required meetings
- Regular observation and record keeping of employee performance and progress
- Completion of various reports, communication, and record keeping in a timely manner
This job description must not be interpreted as a complete summary of job responsibilities or limitation of job holder accountability. This job description should be recognised as a general requirement of experience combined with attributes considered advantageous to the successful operation of activities.
Physical Profile Requirements
The position will require ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps,
moving in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces, remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods, moving to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another, adjusting or moving objects up to 50 pounds in all directions, lifting or carrying objects up to 25 pounds, regularly communicating with others to exchange information, repeating motions that may include the feet, legs, hips, back, wrists, hands and/or fingers, operating machinery and/or power tools, Operating motor vehicles or heavy equipment, assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned. Must be capable of operating a standard 1/2 ton pick-up for occasional delivery and pick-up of materials and personnel and hold a valid, unrestricted motor vehicle operator’s license issued by the state of residence, and the manual dexterity necessary to operate a standard desktop computer keyboard. Work may be performed in low temperatures, high temperatures, outdoor elements such as precipitation and wind, noisy environments, and with hazardous conditions, in small and/or enclosed spaces.
How to apply:
Please send your CV by email with a covering note, stating which role you are applying for, to [email protected]