We are looking for a Control Room Operator to join our Tricoya UK (‘TUK’) team, to operate, regulate and monitor the process of wood chip acetylation at our new plant (currently under construction) on the Saltend site in Hull, UK. This role, which will require continual monitoring of the acteylation process by interrogating the PLC system, is important to making sure that we produce our Tricoya® products in accordance with specified quality levels.
This role will initially be day based and move to a 12-hour shift rota as the project progresses.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Our Control Room Operator will, among other things, need to:
- Support the testing and commissioning of the Control Room PLC
- Support development of Control Room procedures and support Operator Task Analysis for the production of operating procedures and operator training material development
- Report abnormal conditions to duty Shift Supervisor and Operations Manager
- Ensure safe operation, monitoring, and recording of plant functions throughout the plant
- Provide direction to relevant personnel (as required) including Shift Operators, Maintenance Technicians, Contractors. There will be an expectation to deputy for the Shift Supervisor when requested and provide shift cover as required
- Direct other team members such as Maintenance, as required, to support reliable and safe plant operation
- Maintain all shift operations and maintenance documents including completion of 3-yearly reviews
- Observe and record key data for instrumentation located throughout the plant
- Monitor readings from instrumentation for variances from prescribed operating standards and procedures
- Use prescribed plant operating procedures to adjust manual controls to bring equipment into recommended or prescribed operating ranges, switch to backup equipment or systems, or to shut down equipment
- Record operation and maintenance actions taken during shift in Control Room logbook
- Complete shift handovers with oncoming shift
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments, and correct and/or report unsafe conditions or hazards to the Shift Supervisor/Operations Supervisor
- Prepare legible and understandable work requests and purchase requests for required predictive, preventive and corrective maintenance
- Track isolated equipment under Lockout/Tagout for maintenance purposes as part of plant configuration control
- Maintain good housekeeping practices within the Central Control Room pod
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) in Process Operations (Desirable)
- Proven experience within a similar position, or trained as an apprentice in a process-based industry
- Ability to understand procedures and instructions specific to the area of assignment.
- Three years’ experience working as an operations technician
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Able to foster team working.
- Ability to support and motivate team members.
- Willing to take on leadership role when requested.
Managing for results
- Ability to focus on business goal and achieve required production results.
- Demonstrate thoroughness by
- completing work activities accurately
- adherence to procedures
- organisation and tracking of information in correct systems
- Demonstrate strong technical knowledge, able to solve a varied range of unexpected occurrences and challenges on plant.
- Provide advice or solutions on plant-related issues to plant management and engineering teams.
- Completed required technical training.
Safety and quality compliance
- Demonstrate an understanding of applicable policies and procedures.
- Maintain conditions that ensure a safe and high-quality-assurance working environment.
- Take personal responsibility for high standards of safety and quality.
- Able to take decisive actions in critical situations for safety of plant and personnel.
Personality and Self-management
- Self-confident individual who enjoys responsibility and is willing to take an independent position.
- Able to function under pressure and maintain control in demanding situations.
- Demonstrate personal credibility with team members and leadership team.
- Show high degree of work flexibility.
- Willing to drive own technical and leadership self-development.
Tricoya UK Ltd Overview:
Tricoya UK (TUK) Ltd is a joint venture between Tricoya Technologies Ltd, Medite Europe DAC and BP Chemicals. The company is building and operating the first Tricoya® production plant at our Saltend site in Hull, UK.
Tricoya® Wood Elements (www.tricoya.com) are produced using Accsys’ proprietary technology for the acetylation of wood chips and particles, for use in the fabrication of panel products such as medium density fibreboard and particle-board. These products demonstrate enhanced durability and dimensional stability which allow them to be used in a variety of applications that were once limited to tropical hardwood or man-made products.
The TUK plant will operate with a team of around 30 people for the first line and there is the potential to extend in the future.
How to apply:
Send your CV on email with covering note, stating which role you are applying for, to [email protected]
We are unable to consider applications through any other means or channels.