Reports to: Group Head of Engineering
This position combines two main purposes and set of accountabilities:
1. Manager PMO: Global governance of Accsys Project Management and Project Portfolio Management in close alignment with Group Head of Engineering, Group Head of Technology, and global key stakeholders. Governance and management of CapEx project estimating, scheduling and controlling standards & procedures to achieve structural improvements in performance and quality of Accsys’ project baselines and controlling. Support sites and projects globally. Develop and manage review standards and processes.
2. Senior Project Manager for strategic key projects. Manage the project definition & initiation process, then deliver CapEx projects safely within approved budget and schedule. The Senior Project Manager position will be responsible for key CapEx projects with budgets up to > EUR 30M. Based on Accsys’ growth strategy, leading roles in international major Joint Venture CapEx projects (greenfield and brownfield) are anticipated.
Once the Senior PM role in key CapEx project(s) is assumed, it is expected that the majority of the time is spend on the assignment(s). The leadership of the PMO team consisting of highly trained specialists, will still be possible “part time”.
The Manager PMO will have direct reports:
- Currently 4 FTE: Project Manager, Project Engineers, PMO Specialist
- Growing the PMO team and in house capability in line with Accsys growth strategy and CapEx planning will be part of the accountabilities of the Manager PMO
You will be based in Arnhem, NL with infrequent travel to other Accsys sites required.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Managing and continuously improving Project Management Office (PMO) standards, tools, procedures, and templates
- Governance of Accsys Project Management methodology in close alignment with Group Head of Engineering, Group Head of Technology, and global key stakeholders.
- Governance and management of CapEx project estimating, scheduling and controlling standards & procedures to achieve structural improvements in performance and quality of Accsys’ project baselines and controlling
- Support sites and projects globally
- Manage Cost Estimate & Schedule review processes and oversee execution. Develop and manage review standard and process.
- Implementation of strategies for CapEx Project Estimating, Scheduling and Controlling
- Provides guidance and structure to the execution of projects
- Helps to create a common project culture and mindset by informing, communicating, and training employees about different techniques, Accsys Project Management processes and standards, and best practices
- Consolidates and implements best practices and processes
- Overseeing the use and adherence to process and standards across all projects
- Continuous improvement of the Accsys Project Management process and standards
- Supports projects and project portfolio management reporting and steering
- Consolidate project learnings and knowledge and shares to strengthen the Accsys Project Management culture
Senior Project Manager:
- Deliver CapEx projects safely within approved budget and schedule considering applicable legislation, regulations and (technical) standards.
- Manage project definition and initiation process coordinating Project Owner/Sponsor and all other relevant key stakeholders
- Develop best Project Delivery Strategy and Execution Plan per project in collaboration with Accsys Project Management Office
- Apply Accsys Project Management methodology
- Setting up project team and selection of team members, lead project team based on agreed project organization and governance structure
- Manage and supervise EPC(M) Contractors, vendors and other third parties pro-actively and in line with Accsys policies and standards as well as overall project objectives
- Link CapEx project to all relevant company functions and ensure involvement and clearly defined (support) roles (e.g. HSE, Procurement, Legal, etc.)
- The Senior Project Manager position will be responsible for key CapEx projects with budgets up to > EUR 30M
- Leading roles in international major Joint Venture CapEx projects (greenfield and brownfield)
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Chemical or Mechanical strongly preferred)
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Project Management certification (PMP, PRINCE2, etc.) is a plus
- >3 years project engineering experience in a manufacturing environment (chemical, pharma, oil&gas industry preferred).
- >10 years’ experience in project management in a manufacturing environment (chemical, pharma, oil&gas industry preferred).
- Proven track record of past successful projects, ideally from initiation to successful completion & handover
- International project/working experience is a plus
- The ability to travel internationally e.g. for support of projects at other Accsys sites
- Lean/Six Sigma training is a plus
- Excellent overall computer skills
- Full proficiency in English (writing and speaking)
- Full proficiency in Dutch (writing and speaking) is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; constructive personality
- Able to perform under stress
- Analytical with eye for detail and ability to see the big picture
- Planning and organization skills
- Proactive “make-it-happen” and solution-oriented mentality
- Able to work in an inclusive way and to build and maintain professional relationships with business and function stakeholders
- Strong theoretical and practical experience in process safety
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills with the ability to execute and follow through;
- Strong planning, organization and problem-solving skills;
- Able to work in an inclusive way and to build and maintain professional relationships with business and function stakeholders;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong influencing skills;
This job description must not be interpreted as a complete summary of job responsibilities or limitation of job holder accountability. This job description should be recognized as a general requirement of experience combined with attributes considered advantageous to the successful operation of activities.
How to apply:
Please send your CV on email with covering note, stating which role you are applying for, to [email protected]