Wood Kilning & Engineering Specialist
Site Managing Director Arnhem / Supply Chain Manager Arnhem
Arnhem, however open to considering candidates from other locations
If not Arnhem based, regular travel to the plant will be required
Main Job Purpose / Role Summary:
As the key point of contact for both internal and external stakeholders, the role will evolve over a period of 3 – 5 years from management and expansion of outsourced production (wood engineering and kilning) to analysis of insourcing opportunities and management of their execution. Management of production quality will be critical at all phases of this work.
- Provide technical and practical guidance in wood quality assessment at sawmills/suppliers to safeguard that the wood that leaves them fulfils our quality requirements (moisture content, checking & distortion). We have major opportunities where our suppliers are willing to adjust their kilning to meet our quality needs (and we need to have detailed peer collaboration in this regard).
- Supervision of our drying contractors, e.g. Drooghout Gendrigen.
- Provide support to Supply Chain in ramping up outsourced wood engineering volume as well as internal optimization of input supply (e.g. cross-cutting, planning, and short-length-stacking).
- Provide technical and practical guidance to Accoya USA, located in Kingsport, Tennessee in establishing the kilning expertise needed to produce pre-dried wood for acetylation purposes (i.e, Accoya manufacturing).
Year 2: (additional responsibilities/accountabilities):
- Provide business cases on the various Wood Engineering areas that clearly demonstrate the best way forward in ramping up the wood volume in these areas (outsource – partner/JV – in-house – in-plant).
- Provide technical support in commissioning and start-up of wood kilning in Kingsport USA for Accoya production.
Years 3 – 5: (additional responsibilities/accountabilities):
- Provide technical leadership in projects that support the growing volume of Engineered Wood (outsource – partner/JV – in-house – in-plant).
Leadership and Management:
- This role does not have direct reports but is a position of authority and point of expertise and process knowledge within Accsys Group. As such it is imperative for the successful applicant to work in a structured, collaborative, and supportive mode with colleagues, especially from the Sales, Supply Chain, Operations, Quality, and Technology teams.
- Strong written, presentation and verbal communication style will be required to convey the necessary level of expertise and leadership.
Risk Management & Compliance:
- Accountable for the effective management of owned risks.
- Assist in identifying and implementing processes to control risks.
- Be fully conversant and compliant with the company’s Health, Safety and Environment policy and procedures.
- Be fully compliant with all company policies and procedures.
- Live the Company’s values (Be ambitious – the world depends on us; Respect and value all stakeholders; Be committed to safety, quality, and sustainability).
- Relevant qualification
Knowledge & Experience
- Professional working-level and theoretical technical expertise in wood kilning and wood engineering.
- Fluent written and spoken English (other languages, such as Dutch, Spanish, and German, would be beneficial).
- A strong network within and around the wood working industry.
Competencies, Skills & Attributes
- Demonstrable drive, ambition, and vision.
- Flexible and proactive approach to work.
- Organised, structured and results/execution focussed.
- Must be computer literate, including a detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office, CRM, and SharePoint. Statistical and control system software experience is beneficial.
- Demonstrable innovative thinking, a proactive approach, and the capability to both identify and drive initiatives. ISO 9001 and other company process standards to be followed.
- Excellent project management skills with an ability to meet deadlines.
- Collaborative working style and engaging communication style with appropriate adjustment for international teams.
- Proven relationship builder.
This job description must not be interpreted as a complete summary of job responsibilities or limitation of job holder accountability. This job description should be recognised as a general requirement of experience combined with attributes considered advantageous to the successful operation of activities.
How to apply:
Please send your CV on email with covering note, stating which role you are applying for, to [email protected]