The Global Process Safety Manager will be part of the Global Engineering Centre and be the leading expert in the field of Process Safety for all Accsys manufacturing sites. Accountable for the implementation, management, and continuous improvement of the Process Safety Management programme for Accsys across the various locations: creating proposals for policies, requirements, standards, procedures, tools and templates to structurally implement and continuously improve process safety. This will also include supporting Accsys sites globally in PSM execution for example capability building and training, support and lead hazard studies, project reviews, etc.
- Governance of PSM: leading expert in the field of process safety for all Accsys manufacturing sites.
- Develop policies, requirements, standards, procedures, tools and templates to structurally implement and continuously improve process safety.
- Work closely with Site Engineering teams, HSE, Operations and other departments to drive process safety management.
- Provide process safety engineering guidance
- Provide guidance, attend and lead hazard studies, design reviews, etc. upon request
- Support the Accsys Global Engineering and HSE vision & strategy to achieve leading performance.
- Develop proposals for relevant company direction as well as targets and KPIs for process safety.
- Develops in close collaboration with Accsys Learning & Development the agenda for professional development in process safety for Engineering, HSE, and Operations employees. Coaching and training of employees.
- Support and participates in internal and external safety audits. Executes process safety audits at sites
- Monitor legislative requirements and pro-actively implement in process safety management strategies and procedures
- Collaborate with site operations leadership and engineers to scope capital improvement projects to improve process safety.
- Collect and analyse process safety KPIs, providing results to the Site Leadership Teams to help assess effectiveness of our PSM programs.
- Interface with regulatory agencies as it relates to PSM, as needed.
- Lead Process Hazard Analysis and Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA) to meet internal Accsys Group standards and external regulatory schedule requirements while providing necessary documentation, completing management reviews and issuing reports within established deadlines.
- Ensure PHA/HazOp participants (or other facilitators) are appropriately trained. Coach and support individuals on the methodologies, tools, and practices used to conduct PHAs/HazOps. Review results of PHAs/HazOps for quality and thoroughness.
- Assist with addressing needs for Safety Instrumented Systems documentation, Safety Integrity Level scenario analysis and Functional Safety Assessments.
- Lead safety studies for new projects and work with site engineers to ensure effectiveness and consistency of PHA’s and LOPA’s.
- Support PHA/LOPA action item holders in the evaluation and review process to ensure alignment with site policies and procedures.
- Support project managers and site teams to define resources, schedules, and associated activities required to complete risk assessments (PHAs, LOPAs).
- Regular travel will be required to visit other Accsys sites and teams.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in chemical engineering or other engineering discipline.
- Master’s degree or safety certification(s) preferred.
- >7 years of experience in process safety in the chemical industrial or equivalent.
- Experience in working in Process Safety Management in a multi-national environment
- Strong theoretical and practical experience in process safety.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills with the ability to execute and follow through;
- Ability to drive continuous improvement of processes, policies, standards;
- Strong planning, organization and problem-solving skills;
- Able to work in an inclusive way and to build and maintain professional relationships with business and function stakeholders;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, result oriented, negotiation, problem solving, project management, confident, enthusiastic;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong influencing skills;
- Ability to perform trainings.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills.
This job description must not be interpreted as a complete summary of job responsibilities or limitation of job holder accountability. This job description should be recognised as a general requirement of experience combined with attributes considered advantageous to the successful operation of activities.
How to apply:
Please send your CV on email with covering note, stating which role you are applying for, to [email protected]