Accsys Technologies PLC is a publicly-listed company on the AIM and Euronext markets (LSE & AEX: AXS).
Commonly referred to as just ‘Accsys’, the business owns, produces, licences and markets acetylated wood products: principally Accoya® wood and Tricoya® wood chips.
Accsys, or ‘the Accsys Group’, comprises the holding company (Accsys Technologies PLC) and six wholly-owned subsidiaries, as well as three other subsidiary companies in which Accsys holds a majority interest. All subsidiaries trade under the “Accsys” or “Accsys Technologies” name.
The principal activities of Accsys are the production and sale of Accoya solid wood and Tricoya wood elements, technology and product development as well as the licensing of technology for the production and sale of Accoya® and Tricoya® via Accsys’ subsidiaries.
- Titan Wood Limited is focused on the licensing of wood acetylation technology, in particular the Accoya and Tricoya brands.
- Titan Wood B.V. is focused on the production and sale of Accoya wood.
- Titan Wood Technology B.V. is focused on the development of acetylation technologies.
- Titan Wood Inc. is the US sales and marketing subsidiary of Titan Wood Limited with particular focus on developing the substantial North American market for Accoya and Tricoya.
- Accsys USA Holdings Inc and Accsys (Accoya USA) Holdings LLC are focused on developing the potential for Accoya production in the USA
- Accoya Color UK Limited owns and operates the site in Barry, Wales, for the creation of our Accoya Color product from Accoya wood (read more)
Joint Ventures and Partially-owned subsidiaries
The Accsys Group includes two subsidiary companies focused on the licensing, production, marketing and sale of Tricoya® acetylated wood elements used in the production of durable and stable wood panels:
- Tricoya Technologies Limited (TTL), in which INEOS Acetyls Investments Ltd, Medite Europe DAC, BGF and Lombard Odier Volantis each hold a minority equity interest.
- TTL’s subsidiary, Tricoya UK Limited, in which INEOS Acetyls Investments Ltd and Medite Europe DAC each hold a minority equity interest, being a special purpose vehicle incorporated to design, build and operate the world’s first Tricoya manufacturing plant.
On 11 August 2020, Accsys, together with Eastman Chemical Company, formed a joint venture company (Accoya USA, LLC) with the intention to construct and operate an Accoya wood production plant to serve the North American market. A technology licence has also been entered into with Accoya USA LLC so that front-end engineering and design (‘FEED’) for the proposed plant in the USA can be completed. The plant is being designed to initially produce approximately 40,000 cubic metres (~17 million board feet) of Accoya® per annum and to allow for cost-effective future expansion.