Chemical Process Operator
Reports to: Team Leader
The Chemical Process Operator is responsible for operating reactors during acetylation processes, kiln drying of wood, as well as operating machinery to sort and stack wood. Chemical Process Operators will have to consistently work with Mechanical Operators, Safety, and Quality to safely and efficiently maintain production scheduling.
You will be based in Kingsport, US.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for operating multiple systems, lift vehicles, and Microsoft Office programs, LIMS, and DCS
- Experience with DCS highly preferred
- Take ownership for your part of the process, policy, and production standards
- Communicate with resources including Safety, Quality and Supervision
- Monitoring process of the intermittent workflow while waiting on processes to complete and machines to cycle
- Perform routine quality checks throughout process – visual inspections
- Collecting samples
- Maintaining accurate records
- Maintaining a clean working environment
- Adjust and fine tune plant/processes – inspecting technical conditions of equipment
- Diagnosing and Solving minor disruptions in the overall process
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- At least 2 years of experience working in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Ability to follow safety rules and standards for the company.
- Arrive at work on time, as scheduled, consistently, reliably, for each shift.
- Understand and follow directions/instructions from supervisors.
- Experience with mechanical systems and chemical processes in a collaborative team environment
- Familiarity with multiple systems, lift vehicles, and Microsoft Office programs, LIMS, and DCS
- Open to coaching and training to continually improve on efficiency and personal growth
- Proactively engage all team members continuously to support the work environment
- Ability to perform all tasks in the production process for training purposes
- Comfortable with improvement discussions and recognition efforts to support work force
- Knowledgeable in industrial safety standards, OSHA, and manufacturing basics
- Completion of various reports, communication, and record keeping in a timely manner
Physical Profile Requirements
The position will require ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, moving in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces, remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods, moving to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another, adjusting or moving objects up to 50 pounds in all directions, lifting or carrying objects up to 25 pounds, regularly communicating with others to exchange information, repeating motions that may include the feet, legs, hips, back, wrists, hands and/or fingers, operating machinery and/or power tools, Operating motor vehicles or heavy equipment, assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned. Must be capable of operating a standard 1/2-ton pick-up for occasional delivery and pick-up of materials and personnel and hold a valid, unrestricted motor vehicle operator’s license issued by the state of residence, and the manual dexterity necessary to operate a standard desktop computer keyboard. Work may be performed in low temperatures, high temperatures, outdoor elements such as precipitation and wind, noisy environments, and with hazardous conditions, in small and/or enclosed spaces.
This job description must not be interpreted as a complete summary of job responsibilities or limitation of job holder accountability. This job description should be recognized as a general requirement of experience combined with attributes considered advantageous to the successful operation of activities.
How to apply:
Please send your CV on email with covering note, stating which role you are applying for, to [email protected]
Accoya USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer which recruits, hires, trains, and promotes qualified candidates regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are committed to a work environment where everyone can feel safe, be themselves and together help change wood to change the world. Join us.